We’ve heard from local businesses that you need a way to reach and stay in touch with neighbours, especially as you get back to business. Today, we’re announcing some improvements to your Nextdoor business experience, all for free, with your feedback in mind.
Get the word out locally through Business Posts
With the ever-changing landscape businesses are operating in, one thing remains: you need to keep customers informed. Business Posts let you start a conversation with the neighbourhood, making it easy for you to engage and answer questions from your local customers. Each business can post twice per month, for free. Business Posts instantly reach all neighbours within 5 kilometres of your business and show up in the most visible section on Nextdoor, the neighbourhood newsfeed.
Consider these ideas for your first post, and find more best practice tips here:
- Share an update on the status of your business (e.g. “We’ve reopened” or “We’re offering takeaway options”)
- Let neighbours know what safety precautions you’re taking
- Share a story about your staff
- Let your local customers know how you’re helping the community or a fellow business
- Engage neighbours with a question
- Share expert advice or helpful articles
- Grow awareness for a job opening
Neighbours can react to your posts with a Thanks or a Like and comment to begin a conversation with you.
Take your Nextdoor Business account on-the-go with the app
People are spending even more time online, making a strong digital presence essential. With Nextdoor’s new app experience for businesses, you can now manage your entire account from your mobile device. Upload photos and more to bring your business story to life. Update your hours of operation and promote links for gift cards, takeaway, or delivery. Share a post with the neighbourhood in a matter of minutes.
The app is now available to all businesses in Australia. Update your existing app or download it from your device’s app store.
We look forward to continuing to help your business grow.
- How much does it cost to make a Business Post?
- Currently, all businesses receive two free posts per month.
- How much does it cost to download the Nextdoor app?
- The Nextdoor app is free.
- Is the app for businesses different from the app for neighbours?
- No. We are simply making the Nextdoor app available to businesses. If you already use the Nextdoor app for your personal Nextdoor member account, you can choose to connect your business profile to your member profile to easily toggle between the two. Or, you can simply sign into the app with your business account login credentials.
- I cannot access my business profile from the app. What do I need to do to access it?
- The new app experience is now available to all businesses. If you already have the Nextdoor app, continue to check your app store for updates. If you do not yet have the app, download it from your device’s app store.
Need more tips? Check out our Business Post Best Practices.
Claim your free Business Page to get started on Nextdoor.
Don’t forget to download the Nextdoor app and take your community with you on-the-go.