With Business Posts, small businesses on Nextdoor can get the word out to their neighbourhood, stay in touch with local customers, and keep them up to date on business news.
The opportunities are endless when it comes to posting to your local newsfeed. If you are a small business owner, you may be wondering both what to share with your community, and how to make your posts interesting and engaging for neighbours.
Here are 5 data-backed best practices to help your posts perform at their best. Well-crafted posts that receive higher engagement create more engagement; when neighbours react or reply to your post, your post is bumped up in the newsfeed for even more neighbours to see.
1. Get (at least) 5 recommendations.
Nextdoor Business Pages with 5 or more recommendations have 30% higher engagement (more views, reactions, and replies).
2. Post between the hours of 5-7pm.
Businesses that post between their local hours of 5-7pm, tend to see higher engagement rates than posts made at different times.
3. Plan to post on Thursdays and Fridays.
Posts later in the week tend to see higher engagement rates than those made earlier in the week or on the weekend.
4. Post every other week.
Post engagement generally declines after about two weeks. To stay top-of-mind with neighbours, aim to share a new post every two weeks.
5. Add photos that best represent your business.
Business Pages with a profile photo and photos in their “photos” section are the most visited. More people visiting your page means more people on your posts.
Include photos on your Business Page to increase engagement.
- Include a photo with your post: Posts that include high-quality photos are more visually-appealing and can grab the attention of readers better than those without, encouraging neighbours to stop and spend a moment reading your post. Make sure your photo is clear and relevant to whatever you post.
- Need some inspiration about what content to post? We have you covered with examples from businesses like yours:
Regardless of what frequency you choose to post to your community’s newsfeed, make sure to infuse these best practices into your strategy in order to maximise the engagement on your posts and increase the likelihood of more neighbours seeing what you have to say.
Claim your free Business Page to get started on Nextdoor.
Don’t forget to download the Nextdoor app and take your community with you on-the-go.